Panel Discussion on Emerging Threats: AI-Generated Harms
Institute for Governance, Policies and Politics presents second-in-series Online Panel Discussion on ‘Emerging Threats: AI-Generated Harms’. This is part of the ‘Emerging Technologies and AI: Governance and Policy Landscape’ initiative of the Institute for Governance, Policies and Politics. With this series of panel discussions, IGPP strives to contribute to the domain of policy-making where decision-makers need to know how these AI based systems actually work so that they are able to understand and govern this technology better.
The objectives that IGPP as a stakeholder wishes to realise with the help of these panel discussions are:-
- To help policymakers develop adequate understanding of the challenges and opportunities of AI and make thoughtful and informed decisions.
- To help policymakers keep up with the latest developments in AI
- To have comprehensive understanding of what AI means for different sectors and its use-cases
- To create a pool of knowledge regarding AI through the perspectives of different stakeholders.
- To create a space for dialogues and discussions on the multi-dimensional impacts of AI.
Following are the panelists for the discussion:-
1. Mr. Jibu Elias, Mozilla Responsible Computing Fellow (India)
2. Ms. N. S. Nappinai, Advocate, Supreme Court and Founder-Cyber Saathi
3. Prof. Pushpak Bhattacharyya, Bhagat Singh Rekhi Chair Professor, IIT Bombay
4. Mr. Sri ram, Founder, PrimeFort and Cybersecurity Researcher
5. Dr. Manish Tiwari, Director, IGPP, Moderator of this Discussion